
The annual teen garage sale is tomorrow and I am actually really excited about it. Everyone at church donates their "stuff" that they don't want to sale themselves, or don't have time to sell it and we sell it for them and get to keep the profit for our youth fund. What an awesome idea. Well, I was a little sceptical at first... what kind of stuff are we actually going to get and can we really make any money off of it? Well the answer is great things and yes. As the church members began bringing in their stuff I was blown away at what people had and what they wanted to get rid of. Just to name a few items we have... a church organ, fridge, 50"+ HD flat screen TV, tons of baby strollers and play pins, Christmas tree, dining room tables and chairs, clothes like you wouldn't believe... and the list goes on and on. There are some amazing things that we can really get some good money out of, but the only down side to it all is that there might be some rain tomorrow... So pray for sunshine at Sonshine and that we get to raise a lot of money for the youth. Happy weekend!!! (maybe I'll go grocery shopping this weekend since I haven't gone in like 2 weeks... we'll see!)
2 comments:
Christmas tree? Isn't it turning brown by now? Oh yeah you guys buy dead trees to begin with! Any who it sounds like you are really going to make out well. What a blessing to see how God has opened the hearts of your church family. Let us know how it goes.
Love ya
maybe you should get your hands on the tv first before the sale!!!
i guess it's saturday already. so never mind. hope it went well
Post a Comment