Friday, October 3, 2008

interesting

The cable guy came yesterday and hooked up our TVs but our internet wasn't working right. He told us something about waiting an hour and downloading the thing from the internet and if it doesn't work call Comcast. Well, we did all of that and someone is coming out again today to see if they can get it to work. What a pain. In the mean time, we lost all our good channels. At the other house it was hooked up for more than what we had signed up for and we told them several times that we only were supposed to have the basic channels and they gave us the other ones too. I guess the guy didn't know what he was doing or whatever. Well this house we have the ones we are supposed to have and no more than that. It works out ok because 1. that is what we signed up for and 2. it will allow us to spend more time not in front of the tv. The only thing that I was bummed about was that FOX News is no longer on the TV. We have all the other cruddy liberal channels but not FOX News "balanced and fair". Seriously you'd think I'd be sad about like HGTV and all the others... well I am but not as much as about FOX NEWS. Weird... I never thought I'd say that! :)
Pastor gave us his chairs that were on the lanai and so we have a few chairs to start with. I think I am going to go and look for inexpensive outdoor chair cushions for them since summer is out of season and they are really REALLY clearanced right now! YIPPY! Perfect timing. I have a mission, to see how little I can pay for totally cute cushions! We'll see what I can come up with. :) I am up for the challenge.
Tonight will be our only Friday night for the entire month of October that we have off so we're going to an afternoon movie, Fireproof, and then we're going to head home and just relax, unpack, and get things the way we like them. Sit on the lanai and read a book or whatever we desire to do! I'm so excited!!!!!! Hopefully our internet will work after today! :)
Hope everyone in Idaho and Missouri are enjoying the crisp fall weather. Its beginning to cool off here, especially in the mornings but nothing like what I remember... so to make up for the lack of leaves on the ground and the crisp morning air I have put cinnamon and carmel room fresheners all over MY house!! Yeah for fall smells! :)

3 comments:

Matt said...

I think glade needs to come up with a plug in that smells like bitter cold. Just playing, glad to here you guys are getting settled in. Enjoy what little fall you have down there.

SPARKY said...

so fun. i hope we can see your home some day soon!

Jen said...

doesn't it feel good to say YOUR HOUSE! you have to post pictures soon.